Podfather retains its Investors In People silver accreditation
Podfather, the supplier of route planning and electronic proof of delivery technology, is celebrating retaining its Investors in People (IIP) silver accreditation. IIP is internationally recognised as the standard for people management. The silver accreditation shows that a business has what it takes to lead, support, and manage its staff effectively. Having recently been recognised as one of Scotland’s top 10 flexible employers, the Podfather team are delighted to add this accreditation to the growing list of achievements.
Bonnie Clarke, Interim Chief Executive of Remarkable, the organisation licensed to deliver Investors in People in Scotland, said, “This is a fantastic achievement for PODFather, congratulations! Investors in People recognises organisations who are truly committed to their people, continuous improvement and customer service. We have supported Podfather since 2015 and we’re delighted to see their ongoing dedication recognised with this Silver award. Many congratulations!
Podfather, based in Edinburgh, has been supplying technology to the logistics, construction, field service and healthcare industries for over 20 years. A team of 35, yet growing fast, PODFather understands that its staff are its most valuable asset. Podfather is a leading employer within the SMB sector, recruiting the best and brightest talent from the Edinburgh tech scene.
“Here at Podfather we pride ourselves on looking after our staff. We have clear wellbeing, flexible working and career development policies which gives our staff the resources and support they need to grow as people,” adds Colin McCreadie, Managing Director at Podfather. “We are delighted to have retained our IIP silver certification which follows shortly on from our recent ISO certification renewal and our flexible working award win.”
The team develop, deploy, and support solutions that are relied on by over 30,000 users of the Podfather route planning and ePOD system. Podfather’s cloud-based solution tackles the complex problem of planning and managing a vehicle fleet. The system helps organisations to plan optimised routes, collect vehicle checks, track vehicles, issue customer notifications and capture electronic proof of delivery confirmations. Customers include Tarmac, NHS, Oddbox, Scot JCB, Bidfresh, United Wholesale Grocers to name but a few.
“Our people are our priority and this year, more than ever, we have appreciated the benefits that flexible working and clear career progression brings to our staff and our business as a whole.,” adds McCreadie. “Every Podfather employee has access to a dedicated annual training budget, and we actively encourage each team member to learn and grow as they move through the business. Renewing our IIP status just confirms that we are an employer committed to its employees.”
Podfather is currently recruiting for new team members to join its engineering and sales departments. Working out of high spec offices in the West of Edinburgh Podfather offers a list of great perks for employees that include a generous holiday allowance (with extra days for each year of service), significant pension contributions, enhanced maternity and paternity packages and flexible working for all. For more information visit https://thepodfather.com/join-the-team/.
Notes to Editors
About Investors in People
- Remarkable exclusively delivers the Investors in People accreditation within Scotland
- Investors in People support and challenge organisations to navigate and interpret the opportunities of doing business in the 21st century in innovative and creative ways. Opportunities such as technology, succession planning, and flexible working; and challenges such as ineffectual decision making, absenteeism, employee disengagement
- Investors in People is not about paperwork nor is it an audit or a rigid assessment. It is about listening to our clients, talking to our clients and becoming a critical friend to our clients to develop action orientated, positive solutions that are unique and fit for purpose
- Investors in People recognises employer brands that are committed to looking after their people, engaging them and building trust; and it is the only international standard that aligns ambition and people – research tells us that nearly two thirds (57%) of organisations think Investors in People helps their staff be more productive (Source: Investors in People, Community Interest Company, UK)
- Investors in People delivers objective and independent insights, stretch and inspiration to enable ambitious organisations to innovate and maintain their competitive edge to deliver outstanding client experiences and increase prosperity
- The 6th generation of Investors in People has ensured it remains relevant for the challenges and the changes facing organisations in the 21st century – over 75% of Investors in People organisations in Scotland say it has had a positive impact, particularly around employee engagement, learning effectiveness and organisation performance (Source: IIP Impact Research, University of Glasgow, 2015)
- There are 4 levels of award (Standard, Silver, Gold and Platinum) and within each of these, 4 levels of “maturity” (Developed, Established, Advanced and High Performing). Each level is more progressive and challenging than the next and each award is a fantastic recognition in its own right
- For nearly 30 years Investors in People has been recognised internationally as a leading people accreditation
- Investors in People has been achieved by over 14,000 organisations worldwide, across over 75 countries