Data Protection Framework
PODFather has completed applicable Privacy Impact Assessments (also known as Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR) for activities related to this website, and these are available upon request from the Company’s GDPR Lead.
Customer and Citizen Data
You may decide to send us your personal information via this website if you are seeking more information, requesting a demonstration, or for other similar purposes. Your decision to disclose your personal data is entirely voluntary, and by doing so, you are taking an affirmative action by providing us with specific consent to use your personal data only for the purposes for which you have disclosed it to us.
PODFather may access and use your personal data only for the purposes for which you have submitted it to us to (a) provide information to you, (b) make contact with you, (c) provide services to you, or (d) maintain the operations and security of the website and services we provide to you. We will not use your personal information for any other purposes, for example for the communication of marketing materials, unless we have your specific consent that permits us to do so.
We will at all times handle and store your personal data in accordance with industry best practice aligned with ISO27001, the international standard for information security. This includes the activities and procedures undertaken by our own personnel and authorised third parties (see Section 5), and the technical controls which we have implemented to prevent unauthorised access, compromise or theft of information from our applications, supporting computer systems and premises.
Sensitive Personal Data
GDPR specifies a set of personal data categories which are “sensitive”, and which require special consideration by Data Controllers. This website, and any services available from this website, do not knowingly collect or process any sensitive personal data, and supporting Privacy Impact Assessments (also known as Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR) are available upon request from the Company’s GDPR Lead (see Section 9).
Children’s Personal Data
This website, and any services available from this website, are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with their personal information without having parental consent, please contact the Company’s GDPR Lead (see below) immediately so that we can take appropriate action.
Customer and Citizen Data Rights
As prescribed within data protection regulations, you have specific rights connected to the provision of your personal data to PODFather using this website. These include your rights to request we:
- confirm to you what personal data we may hold about you, if any, and for what purposes
- change the consent which you have provided to us in relation to your personal data
- correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data which we may hold about you
- provide you with a complete copy of your personal data for you to move elsewhere
- stop the processing of your personal data, whilst an objection from you is being resolved
- permanently erase all your personal data promptly, and confirm to you that this has been done(there may be reasons why we may be unable to do this)
To contact PODFather, please see below.
If PODFather does not address your request, or fails to provide you with a valid reason why we have been unable to do so, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to make a complaint. They can be contacted via their website (www.ico.org.uk) or by telephone 0303 123 1113.
Declaration of Sub-Processing
To make an informed decision on whether to provide your personal data to PODFather using this website, we need to make you aware of the following organisations who act as Data Processors for us in the provision of our services to you:
- Google LLC, based in the United States of America, who supply the email service where your contact requests are sent to, and analytics tools to track and report on website traffic. Google LLC has confirmed compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, as set forth by the US Department of Commerce, covering the collection, use and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union to the United States. Google LLC also maintains ISO 27001, ISO 27017 and ISO 27018 certifications for information security.
- Pipedrive OÜ, based in Estonia, who supply CRM services where we may store your contact requests. The services provided may be performed using equipment or facilities located in the European Union or the United States. Pipedrive’s US service providers are either Privacy Shield compliant or have executed Standard Contractual Clauses (as approved by the European Commission) that provide legal grounds for assuring that an adequate level of protection is provided.
The activities within which each of these Data Processors participates have been recorded within the applicable PODFather Privacy Impact Assessment records (also known as Data Protection Impact Assessments under GDPR) and these are available upon request from the Company’s GDPR Lead (see below).
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer, and from your computer or mobile device to us each time you visit our website. They are unique to you or your web browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser session. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them, or until they expire.
This PODFather website may include relevant hyperlinks to external websites not controlled by us. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing any such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be subsequently provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damages or consequences from your use of them.
Use of Location Data in the PODFather App
The PODFather App, available to download from both Android and iOS App stores, allows PODFather customers to track driver movements and collect real time updates regarding their vehicle fleet. Our customer drivers download the app onto a mobile device, which is linked to our back-office planning system.
The PODFather app is an essential part of our software offering which is used across a range of industry sectors.
The PODFather app collects and processes data about users which includes:
- Precise Location data, including background data which may be used for proof of delivery, estimated time of arrivals and device management.
- Contact information which may be used for proof of delivery.
- User content, including text messages, electronic signature captures, bar code scans and photographs, which may be used for proof of delivery.
- Identifiers used for login and proof of delivery. For Android users we also record the device International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), excluding Android 10 and higher.
- Device usage data which may be used for customer system and system maintenance.
- Device diagnostics, including crash data and performance data which may be used for customer support and system maintenance.
PODFather App users need to have Location Services enabled for us to collect the information required for our customers to run their vehicle fleets more efficiently. We will at all times handle and store location data in accordance with industry best practice aligned with ISO27001, the international standard for information security.
Verdant, 2 Redheughs Rigg