Our Product Owners are responsible for delivering a range of product features, driving them from inception to completion ensuring that they are in line with the product vision. Using their talent, skills and experience to help grow the PODFather system and in turn help our customers reach their full potential.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the product manager, you will work in an agile manner alongside the engineering and customer success teams, and other internal/external stakeholders to bring the vision for the product to market. While making sure that we maintain a high level of product quality and customer satisfaction along the way.
You will embrace and champion change within the product in order to ensure that the needs of the customer are heard and understood. Being able to supply evidence and detail to the product team and senior management in order to justify and explain the required changes.
- Set feature specifications, creating epics and stories
- Identify what issues the product doesn’t resolve
- Collect and interpret user data metrics
- Gather requirements from customers and system users
- Act as “Voice of the customer” within the development team
- Works with Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience to understand customer needs
- Ensure that your product deliverables meet the standards and quality expected of a high performance SAAS system
- Analyse customer feedback on product deliverables that you own
- Work with the internal marketing team on customer communications
What we’re looking for in you
As a Product Owner, you will be joining an energetic, agile and supportive team delivering high impact and value to our clients. Key attributes we’d like you to have include:
- Experience of working within a fast paced agile product team.
- Product experience, preferably within a SaaS software environment.
- An innovative and analytical problem solver
- An enthusiastic individual with a great eye for detail and a can-do attitude.
- Commercial data analytics experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An excellent telephone manner is essential.
- Experience using Product Board and/or Jira.
- An understanding of SaaS software solutions.
- Logistics and/or construction industry experience are preferable but not essential.
A great package awaits you
We are offering you the chance to be part of something great. With an impressive product, happy customers and exciting growth plans, now is the time to get involved.
- Salary: £32,500-£46,000 depending on experience
- 30 days holiday a year, with an extra day for every year worked (for 10 years!)
- Opportunity to buy 5 extra holiday days
- High spec workstation, multiple monitors, and your choice of operating system
- Thorough onboarding and training support
- A commitment to your development through an individual training budget
- A flexible working employer, work where’s best for you.
- A great office working environment – complimentary fruit, drinks, ice cream and snacks in the office
- Company social events, virtual and in person
- Office with strong transport links and dedicated free parking
- Life assurance scheme which includes remote GP appointments, mental health support, physiotherapy, and employee assistance
- Bike to work scheme
- Generous pension plan
So, this all sounds very interesting but what does PODFather do?
Hopefully if you’ve read this far your interested in finding out a bit more about who we are and what we do. We develop software solutions that help companies simplify the complex problem of planning and managing their delivery fleet. If you’ve ever, or even never, wondered how the items you order end up at your home, or on your supermarket shelf, or local building materials centre that we can assure you that traditionally takes a lot of planning, pieces of paper and general stress to get products to the right place, at the right time, every time. That’s where we come in; our cloud-based planning system and easy to use driver app enables companies to automate the process of planning and executing delivery plans. We empower companies to eradicate paper from their operations, cut fuel usage, reduce carbon footprint, and improve customer experience.
Meet the team
We are a team of 40+ people, some living in Scotland, others dotted around the UK. We offer a place where you can learn and grow, and all employees have both a mentoring programme and a dedicated training budget. But don’t just take our work for it, see what the team has to say.
The best thing about being a CSM is seeing the completion of a successful roll out. The PODFather system can make a huge difference to the businesses that use it and it’s great to be part of the team that’s helping to deliver these successes.Philip, Customer Success Manager
Here at PODFather we try to create a working environment that allows employees to develop and grow. It’s important to us that all staff are both well supported and challenged, so that no two days are the same, and that the opportunity is there to try new things and learn new skills.Colin McCreadie, Managing Director
How to apply
If you’d like to come and join our team, please complete our job application form or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!!