We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Digital Marketing Executive to join our sales & marketing team. This is a new role, reporting to the Marketing Director. The successful candidate will be integral to the formulation and implementation of PODFather’s digital strategy, helping to build a strong online presence to support our business growth plans. You will require experience in creating and running digital marketing and social media campaigns, as well as a solid understanding of the principles of SEO and PPC advertising. We’re looking for fresh ideas, engaging campaigns, and interesting content to help us raise our profile across our target markets.
PODFather is an Edinburgh-based technology company. Our software solutions are helping fleet operators to reduce carbon emissions and cut costs and we are supporting over 30,000 commercial vehicle users running on UK roads. We are a team of 40 employees and as a business, culture is one of the cornerstones of our company strategy. We are one of Scotland’s top 10 flexible employers and offer a wide range of flexible working and wellbeing initiatives to help our team attain the best possible work/life balance.
About this role
As our digital marketing executive, you will have an integral role to play in ensuring our marketing activities are aligned across our digital and social media channels. The role will require the ability to create content, plan and execute promotion and communication campaigns that generate quality business leads. As a business we are looking to improve market awareness and we see the execution of a well thought out digital content strategy as a key part of that.
What you will be doing
- To increase our presence and drive engagement across key social channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube & Instagram).
- Day to day planning and managing of our social media channels activity.
- Content creation – posts, blogs, dynamic social media posts, social media adverts, newsletter content, video.
- Supporting brand development across our social networks.
- Help to update and maintain our website.
- Monitor and report on campaign activity and overall performance.
- To undertake other duties as required to support PODFather’s digital marketing strategy.
What we are looking for
- At least 3 years digital marketing experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Understanding of video production processes.
- Experience of planning and managing digital marketing campaigns that deliver real results.
- Experience of adding and managing website content via a CMS.
- A self-starter who relishes a challenge.
- Experience using digital packages such as Canva or Photoshop, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, as well as CRM systems & Microsoft office products.
- CIM qualification, or similar, desired but not essential.
- University degree or equivalent.
What you will get
- We are one of Scotland’s Top 10 flexible employers, offering great flexible working options for all employees.
- We are an Investors In People accredited company… so you don’t just have to take our word for it that PODFather is a great place to work.
- 30 days holiday a year + 1 extra day for every year worked with us.
- Opportunity to buy 5 extra holiday days or sell 5 unused days.
- Pension plan (5% employer contributions).
- Enhanced life friendly policies, including maternity & paternity schemes.
- Life assurance scheme which includes remote GP appointments, mental health support, physiotherapy, and employee assistance.
- We have an active social events programme.
- We are an SME, under 50 employees, giving a caring, supportive, family-feel.
- Our office based at Edinburgh Gyle is packed with free drinks, fruit, snacks and even ice creams.
- We invest in our staff – everyone has a personal training budget which they can spend on career skills development.
- Every employee is the proud owner of a rubber POD Duck! Definitely a talking point if you want to come and work here.
- Bike to work scheme.
Here at PODFather we try to create a working environment that allows employees to develop and grow. It’s important to us that all staff are both supported well, but also challenged, so that no two days are the same, and that the opportunity is there to try new things and learn new skills.Colin McCreadie, Managing Director, PODFather
Our software is helping businesses within the logistics, construction, field service, home delivery and healthcare industries to streamline processes, improve operational and financial efficiency, and eradicate paper. Our cloud-based delivery management software encompasses a range of features and functionality including job management, route planning and optimisation, vehicle checks, proof of delivery, driver and vehicle tracking, as well as invoicing and reporting modules. PODFather allows businesses to be better informed about the jobs they are managing, highlighting problems before they occur, making users proactive rather than reactive. Our customer base includes well-known names such as Tarmac, NHS, Bidfresh, Oxfam and Igloo, as well as a many independent logistics and construction service operators. To find out more visit www.podfather.com.
What our team has to say about working at PODFather
The best thing about account management is seeing the completion of a successful roll out. The PODFather system can make a huge difference to the businesses that use it and it’s great to be part of the team that’s helping to deliver these successes.| Account Manager
At PODFather you get to work with a wide range of clients and prospects from a variety of industries. The nature of the system we sell means it can be configured to tackle pretty much whatever gets thrown at us. That’s the beauty of the PODFather solution and is a great asset when in a sales situation.| Sales Manager
At PODFather the directors are always keen to encourage you to develop new skills. Having started as an ICT engineer, I am now Support Manager, leading the front-line team dealing with our growing customer base.| Support Manager
PODFather offers a range of social activities that make sure it is not all work and no play. We usually have a pub meet up most months, and there’s a range of social events to suit all tastes.| Lead Software Engineer
PODFather has such a great company culture; the staff are really looked after, the office environment is really nice and there are great touches such as an active social events programme.| Senior Support Engineer
Working in the PODFather development team is both challenging and rewarding. I get to work on new and exciting front-end technologies that are being deployed to some of the biggest names in the construction and logistics industries.| Senior Software Engineer