We are looking for a Digital UX/UI Designer to help shape the future of product experience. This role blends both UX & UI design, working on key features across PODFather’s mobile app & web application. We are a leading supplier of cloud-based software solutions to the logistics, construction & field service industries. Our mobile app is linked to a rich web application that provides big business benefits & massive efficiency improvements to our rapidly growing list of companies. As a Digital Designer it will be your role to deliver well defined, validated user experience and highly crafted visual designs for our 30,000+ users.
Purpose & Scope:
We believe in the continuous improvement of our systems and services. In this role you will be able to make & see the impact of real changes. You will use your skills and experience to create and implement designs for every part of the system, from mobile apps to web portals, keeping the user experience at the heart of everything you do.
Our offices are located in the west of Edinburgh, although everyone is currently working from home until restrictions are lifted. Flexible working is available as standard, allowing you to work either from home or the office. We recognise that people are their most valuable asset
What you will be doing:
- Designing & maintaining the overall look & feel of web & mobile applications
- Redesigning current systems to provide continuity & accessibility for all users
- Working with product owners & developers to design & prototype new & updated system functionality
- Making sure that the end user is central to all design decisions
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable UX Skills.
- Experience with requirements gathering, user research & user testing
- The ability and confidence to sell your ideas & the reasoning behind them
- Ability to work both independently & as part of a wider team
- The ability to share your knowledge across the team to facilitate better adoption & understanding of design decisions
- A portfolio that can demonstrate your UX design experience
- Experience using design collaboration tools such as Figma.
- Relevant commercial experience
- A degree (or other recognised equivalent) in Digital Design, HCI or related subjects would be beneficial
What you get in return
- Salary: £27,000 to £45,000 depending on experience
- 30 days holiday a year +1 extra day for every year worked with us
- Opportunity to buy 5 extra holiday days or sell 5 unused days
- High spec workstation, multiple monitors, & your choice of operating system
- A commitment to your development through an individual training budget
- Flexible working from home and/or office
- A great working environment – complimentary fruit, drinks, ice cream & snacks in the office
- Company social events
- Office with strong transport links and dedicated free parking
- Life assurance scheme which includes remote GP appointments, mental health support, physiotherapy, and employee assistance
- Bike to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity schemes
- Pension plan (5% employer contributions).
“Here at PODFather we try to create a working environment that allows employees to develop and grow. It’s important to us that all staff are both supported well, but also challenged, so that no two days are the same, and that the opportunity is there to try new things and learn new skills.”Colin McCreadie, Managing Director, PODFather
What our team has to say about working at PODFather
The best thing about account management is seeing the completion of a successful roll out. The PODFather system can make a huge difference to the businesses that use it and it’s great to be part of the team that’s helping to deliver these successes.Philip | Account Manager
At PODFather you get to work with a wide range of clients and prospects from a variety of industries. The nature of the system we sell means it can be configured to tackle pretty much whatever gets thrown at us. That’s the beauty of the PODFather solution and is a great asset when in a sales situation.Mike | Sales Manager
At PODFather the directors are always keen to encourage you to develop new skills. Having started as an ICT engineer, I am now Support Manager, leading the front-line team dealing with our growing customer base.Harith | Support Manager
PODFather offers a range of social activities that make sure it is not all work and no play. We usually have a pub meet up most months, and there’s a range of social events to suit all tastes.Bradley | Lead Software Engineer
PODFather has such a great company culture; the staff are really looked after, the office environment is really nice and there are great touches such as an active social events programme.Andre | Senior Support Engineer
Working in the PODFather development team is both challenging and rewarding. I get to work on new and exciting front-end technologies that are being deployed to some of the biggest names in the construction and logistics industries.Paul | Senior Software Engineer